For systems with Network-Manager installed (if you have a WiFi icon on your Linux system you likely have Network-Manager installed).
- Download the certificate from the page below, which we will use to setup to ensure you only connect to legitimate RUWireless Secure networks.
- Click on the WiFi network icon on your system and select Connect to Hidden Wi-Fi Network
- In network name write "RUWireless Secure" and for Wi-Fi security select "WPA & WPA2 Enterprise"
- The window will then expand, please fill in the following fields as described below:
Authentication: Tunneled TLS
Anonymous identity: Leave this field blank.
CA certificate: Select the previously downloaded certificate from the first step.
Inner authentication: PAP
Password: NetID Password
- Then click connect, you should be able to connect without issue anytime RUWireless Secure is within range.
For systems without Network-Manager installed or if you encounter any errors in the above steps, please contact the OIT Help Desk.