To ensure your security, the Rutgers University network utilizes a secure authentication mechanism known as WPA2-Enterprise and 802.1X. This security mechanism protects your username and password. In a wireless environment, it also protects your data with network encryption. To utilize this secure network, your network connection requires specific settings. Click "Install RUWireless Secure" under Quick Links to the right or click here to automatically configure your device for RUWireless Secure. After you are configured for RUWireless Secure any time you are in range of a RUWireless access point you will automatically connect to RUWireless Secure.
RUWireless Secure Locations
RUWireless Secure is broadcasted on all of the RUWireless access points on all three Rutgers campuses. RUWireless Secure is available in all student centers and dining halls, most libraries, dorms, and many academic and administrative buildings across the University.
Why use RUWireless Secure?
- RUWireless Secure utilizes a secure authentication mechanism known as WPA2-Enterprise and 802.1X which keeps your username and password safe when logging in.
- RUWireless Secure protects your data that is sent over the wireless network. Even when using non SSL or https connections.
- The RUWireless Secure supplicant stores your username and password so any time you are within range of a RUWireless access point you will automatically connect to RUWireless Secure bypassing the login page.*
*If you change your password you will have to rerun the RUWireless Secure installer and enter your new password.
How do I configure myself for RUWireless Secure?
- Associate to the wireless network named: RUWireless
- After you have associated to RUWireless, a web browser will open
- On the RUWireless login page, click the "I have a NetID and password" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enjoy using RUWireless Secure knowing the data you transfer over the wireless network is now safe and secure.
For step-by-step instructions, follow the links below: