ALL RUWireless_Secure users must reconfigure their devices in order to connect to RUWireless Secure. For most, this is as simple as connecting to RUWireless, returning to the RUWireless login page and clicking "Configure Me for RUWireless Secure". If you are not automatically redirected to the configuration wizard, point your browser to:
https://services.rutgers.edu/ruwireless/cloud.php (Note: You must be connected to RUWireless first)
XpressConnect will run again and repair the configuration automatically. RUWireless Secure is not available for guest users at this time.
For Windows devices:Before reconfiguration, Windows users may see an error message from secureW2, which can be ignored. Just connect to RUWireless, and follow the instructions above.
For iOS devices (iPhones, iPods and iPads):The existing RUWireless_Secure profile must be removed before running the configuration wizard. To do this:
- Click on Settings
- Click on General, scroll to the bottom
- Select the RUWireless_Secure profile and click Remove.
- Run the RUWireless Secure configuration wizard here and you will be led through the process illustrated in the following screenshots:
- Once the process is complete, go to Settings -> WiFi and connect to RUWireless_Secure.
- Lastly, go to Settings -> WiFi -> RUWireless and Disable Auto-Join and Auto-Login.
- After successfully running cloudpath you might not be redirected and will only see a black screen. If you are using a smart phone, you will have to restart your browser. Other devices may continue to their destination using the address bar as they normally would.
- In rare cases you might need to reboot your iOS device
- If you are an iOS user and you are receiving a message saying authentication failed or see any of the following screens when trying to connect to RUWireless Secure, the network profile is not properly configured. You will need to remove the current RUWireless Secure profile and reconfigure your device as detailed above.
- If you are an iOS user and you have rebooted your device, reinstalled the network profile and your device still will not connect you will need to restore your device. Instructions on restoring your iOS device can be found here. ++When restoring your iOS device make sure you set up your device as a new device and do not restore from a backup. After restoring your device you will need to reconfigure your device as detailed above again.
++Restoring your device will delete all the data from your device, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and any other data. All settings are restored to their factory condition. Please remember to sync your data before start the restore process.If you have further questions or need assistance, please contact your local Help Desk:
New Brunswick Computing Help DeskLocation:Hill Center for the Mathematical Sciences (Busch Campus), Room 013
Hours of Operation: The most current Hours of Operation for the New Brunswick Help Desk are available here.
Phone Number:New Brunswick: (732) 445-HELP (4357)
Newark Help DeskLocation:Hill Hall, Room 109
Hours of Operation: The most current Hours of Operation for the Newark Help Desk are available here.
Phone Number:Newark: (973) 353-5083
Camden Help DeskLocation:Business and Science Building, Room 132
Hours of Operation: The most current Hours of Operation for the Camden Help Desk are available here.
Phone Number:Camden: (856) 225-6274